Scope and Consent: Populace Threads Pty Ltd ACN 624 999 604 (“we”, “our”, “us”) consider your privacy to be important and take our responsibility to protect it seriously. We understand that you are concerned about your privacy, along with the confidentiality and security of any personal information that you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes:
- The personal information we collect and how we use that information;
- When we might disclose your personal information; and
- How we keep and protect your personal information.
We treat all personal information collected by us in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles contained with the Privacy Act and this Policy. If there is any inconsistency between the Privacy Act and this Policy, the Privacy Act will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
What is Personal information?
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we have, or are likely to have, access to. Personal information doesn’t include anonymous or aggregated information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
What is Public Information?
Public information is any information, including personal information, you share with a public audience, including personal information you publish on our Site. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs and offline media, such as on TV.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: We can change this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the updated terms to the Site. The updated terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We announce any changes to this Privacy Notice on our Site and/or email if we believe they are material.
Collection: We collect information you give us including:
- When you register for an account / set up a vendor store account: information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or user ID (where applicable) when you register for an account with us.
- When we verify you or your account: we may collect and process information (as permitted by law) to authenticate you or your account, or to verify the information that you provided to us.
- When you transact on or use our Services: such as when you post a trade, communicate with us or other users, information you provide for the Services that you use during a transaction or other transaction-based content. We may also collect your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) if you buy a feature from us or are required to pay fees to us.
- When you engage with our community: such as when you submit a web form, use the inbuilt messaging function or participate in community discussions or chats.
- When you interact with your account: such as updating or adding information to your account, adding items to wish lists, posting items for trade, saving items in your wardrobe. Sometimes you may also give us your age, gender, interests and favourites.
- When you contact us: such as through a web form, messaging and / or chat function or dispute resolution or when you otherwise communicate with each other. We may also record our calls with you (if we have your consent to do so).
We collect information automatically including:
- Information from the devices you use when interacting with us or our Services: such as device ID or unique user ID, device type, ID for advertising and unique device token.
- Information about your location: such as geo-location.
- Computer and connection information: such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
We collect information using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies including:
- Information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Services, or within our advertising or email content.
We collect information from other sources including:
- Information we get from third parties: which we may use to supplement your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws.
- Information from social media sites: when you use those sites to register, share information or connect to your account. Those sites may automatically give us access to some personal information they hold about you (e.g., content you viewed, content you liked and information about the advertisements you were shown or clicked on, etc.). If you give us access to any account with video content, we may share your video viewing with, or collect information about your video viewing from, third party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information we have access to through your privacy settings on the social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. When you grant us access to information held by social media sites you agree that we may collect, use and retain it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Information other users may provide about you: If another user gives us information about you, they must tell you about our collection, use, disclose and retention policies before giving us the information. They must also get your explicit consent before giving us your information.
Use and Retention: We use your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our Services. Your personal information allows us to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Services as well as access to your history, internal messages and other features we may provide.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Customise, measure and improve our Services.
- Provide other services required by you as described when we collect the information.
- Provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and other personalised content).
We use your personal information to contact you about your account. We may contact you via Populace Threads Messages, email, telephone, SMS messages or postal mail:
- To give you customer support about your account such as to troubleshoot problems, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed to us, or to get your opinion through surveys.
We use your personal information to personalise our advertising and marketing including to:
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, SMS text messages or postal mail to offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services and those of our affiliated partners (if you have consented to this contact). Message and data rates may apply.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers.
We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, including to:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Choice: Marketing Communications: If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in the email you received. Registered users may also unsubscribe via the communication preferences options in their account profiles.
Targeted Advertising: If you want to learn more about targeted advertising (also known as behavioural advertising),and turn on or off individual companies for online behavioural advertising, you can do so on www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
Access: You can see, review and change your personal information by signing into your account. Please updated your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activities, and as required under applicable national laws.
We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so.
Disclosure: We disclose your information to our corporate family members and partners, who may use it to:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support).
- Offer you personalised advertising.
- Guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications.
Other group companies will not send you marketing communications unless you have consented to receiving their communications.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- Other third parties when you have given consent to share your information via Populace Threads.
We may disclose your information to law enforcement and other parties in connection with the law, including:
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request regarding a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any of our users to legal risk.
- Credit agencies or bureaus as authorised by applicable national laws.
- Third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document.
Change of Ownership: If we were to merge with or be bought by another company, we may share information with them, and this new combined entity would comply with this Privacy Notice. If your personal information is to be collected, used, disclosed or retained for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive advance notice of any changes to the processing of your personal information.
Security: We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centres and information access authorised controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact Customer Service using the detail provided on the ‘Contact Us’ page on the Populace Threads website.
When you use social login:
- If you sign into your social network account using the same email that you previously used to register for an account with us, you will access your existing account with us.
- If you sign into your social network accounts using an email address that we don’t recognise in our systems, a new account will be created in our systems for you.
You may use social login or regular sign in each time you login into your account with us. If you use regular sign in but a password has not been issued to you (because you registered through social login) you need to get a password through the password reset flow.
When you us social login the “keep me signed in” policies of the social network provider apply. We don’t control those policies. For your safety we recommend that you:
- Don’t use social login if you are accessing our Services using a public or shared device; and
- Visit your social network provider site to learn about their sign in policies and your options.
Unwanted or threatening email / messaging:
Third party privacy practices:
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third-party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply. We can’t guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party. You should check the privacy and security policies of third parties before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information, even when dealing with other members on our site.
Contact Customer Service:
If you are looking for more help or have a question to ask, please contact Customer Service using the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Populace Threads website.